TikTok is one of the most used platforms in recent years, the type of content offered on this platform seems to be highly engaging for young people and teenagers, and although most are aware that they spend a lot of time on this app, not everyone knows its advantages and disadvantages.
Here are the 3 advantages you’ll get if you use TikTok correctly
If you are one of those who spend more than 2 hours a day on TikTok, then you will be interested in knowing the 3 advantages this application has, benefits that perhaps due to ignorance you are not taking advantage of as you should.
- You can really learn: Perhaps you didn’t know, but on TikTok there are already many accounts that are responsible for transmitting quality knowledge to us, and on all topics; from laws to investments, you just have to put the topic of your interest in the search bar and start following your favorite authors. In this way, the next time you enter TikTok, you will have many interesting videos in your «For you».
- You can earn money: TikTok is a social network that covers millions of users, and thanks to this large volume of people, you can earn money by doing live broadcasts if you have thousands of followers, you can also earn money by selling some interesting product and promoting it on your personal account. The chances of making money on TikTok increase as your audience grows, so this should primarily be your goal.
- It allows you to promote your personal or business brand: If you have a business and want to increase your audience, TikTok is an excellent option, you just have to create an account with your company’s logo and start making short, spontaneous and original videos promoting your products or services, you don’t need to have very well-made videos, they just have to be entertaining so that you can attract your target audience and make your brand increasingly known in the market.
Beware of the 3 most dangerous disadvantages of using TikTok
Are you aware of all the hours you spend on TikTok? Do you think it’s worth it? Perhaps you have not yet realized that this application can impact in these 3 ways and negatively in your life:
- Content without value: The biggest disadvantage of using TikTok occurs when you consume content that only serves for entertainment, and although it is good to have a moment of relaxation, the truth is that being on TikTok exceeds the limits, when you least realize it, you have wasted 3,5,6 and even more hours watching meaningless videos that you will not remember tomorrow.
- It can be a bad influence: Beware who you follow! Although TikTok seems like a very friendly app, within it hide all kinds of profiles and people with different traits and personalities, it is nothing new to know that there are homophobic, racist, racist people, etc. on TikTok. And despite the fact that this application has very clear rules for its community, even today it is very easy to transmit a message of hate or discrimination and pass it off as comedy, being exposed to this type of content daily and worse still, when one is a teenager or pubescent, can create significant changes in behavior in real life.
- Generates long-term addiction: If you don’t know how many hours a day you spend on TikTok, you might already be falling into the deep hole of addiction to this application. This addiction is generated when the user is not able to spend a single day without opening the app, regardless of what he does in it, whether it is uploading content or watching videos, spending a lot of time inside and without obtaining any benefit is one of the most devastating conditions for the general public, and although it is not noticeable in the short term, over time the real consequences begin to be noticed; when you buy coins on TikTok, when you have many products at home that you bought because you saw it on some TikToker, when you neglect the real world for spending a lot of time on this app and even when you say you are a friend of your favorite TikTokers and know all their daily life and routine, when they don’t even know of your existence.
If you are interested in learning more about the social network of the moment, we recommend these TikTok Tutorials.